Question Purple meth gets green after heating..

amphmnamii

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
My Friend has yesterday bought purple powder meth, (yes, i am sure its meth) and after we smoked in pipe these meth spots turn by time in green... Effects was quite surprising...
But I want know from which precursors is this meth made. I dont wanna make purple meth but for my curiosity some expert here might post answer. I thank you in advance for your time;)

Attachments

• MpAlreo1iT.png
    MpAlreo1iT.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
I guess, like other meth. P2P or ephedrine. The color is 99% likely is food coloring.

amphmnamii

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Ahh okey, but how it can change color?

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
Air exposure, temperature decomposition. I'm not sure.

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
It is nteresting to my feeble mind that these colors remind me of litmus paper. I've noticed under UV light meth flouresces lightly pink but when it gets wet it turns to green. I guess it's dissociation, which happens to look almost exactly like acid salt/base reactions to litmus paper. I'm assuming under dissosiation the meth would lose the cl and hang on to the h. And deprotonation would take the H+ and the Cl-?

amphmnamii

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Yesterday I asked one old meth manufacturer and he says that's probably from HCl and cl in water.
But it doesn't explain why that had changed colour after ~140C°

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
@HerrHaber I was wondering the other day to myself, say I have some cocaine hcl in some water. It's cocaine +1
I assume you're familiar with the +1 convention. So is my dissociated cocaine as sensative a molecue as base cocaine, because it lost it's cl- or does retaining the proton someho preotect it?

InnocentBystander23

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
So back in the day when all pills were pullable with just water Western Family Histatabs would make meth that turned bright green when it cracked back in a piupe. It was from the histamines carrying over in the water. NOTE : Actifed water pulled would crack back almost highlighter blue!!