Efficient way to take DMT?

amphmnamii

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
Helou😶‍🌫️
I have taken this week ~0.6g DMT it was nice but I want to know how I can take drug the most efficient way.
I was thinking 🤔 bout to inject it, but I have worried if this could negativily affect whole trip, if I have time to take syringe of my vein, and if the chemical aggressiveness could damage my intravenous system.
(Because I tried to snort it, and it was most bitingfull pain I ever felt)
Smoking is comfortable, but effects lasts only few minutes, and tolerance comes very fast,
Snorting is painful, although os doin' more than smokin
Taking orally is not also Ideal, it is waste of DMT because stomach acid had to "decompose" the molecule.
There are not many ways how to do it right?

HIGGS BOSSON

Expert
Reaction score
There are only a few ways to consume substances: oral, nosal, intravenous, intramuscular, rectal, inhalation. For DMT, smoking or using MAOIs to enhance the effect when taken orally is best.

amphmnamii

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
I have to search what is maoi wow. Idk where to get it and none of medication pills that are on Wikipedia, is not available to buy on this forum (I don't trust other markets) is there some way how to increase these inhibitors natural way?

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
It's not stomach acid, it's mao-A ( monoamine oxidase a) doesn't even let it reach your brain through your intestinal track, unless you take enough to use of your bodies MAO up plus enough extra to be effective. Dmt and an maoi last hours and hours

Paracelsus

Addictionist
Reaction score
Let's go through the main routes of DMT administration and their effects on the body.
  1. Smoking/Vaporizing DMT. This is the most common and efficient method. When smoked or vaporized, DMT quickly enters the bloodstream through the lungs, resulting in almost immediate effects (within 30 seconds to 1 minute), peaking quickly, and lasting around 5-15 minutes. The intensity is often overwhelming for some, and as you've mentioned, the effects are short-lived. The rapid onset can also cause anxiety in certain users due to its sudden, profound nature. Tolerance builds quickly within a session but resets rapidly, usually within an hour.
  2. Snorting (Insufflation). Snorting DMT leads to a longer duration of effects compared to smoking. Effects may begin within 5-10 minutes and last 20-40 minutes. The pain is common, as it’s highly irritating to the mucous membranes in the nose. The experience is also reported to be less smooth and harder to manage compared to smoking.
  3. Oral Consumption with an MAOI (Ayahuasca-like). Effects can last anywhere from 4 to 6 hours. The MAOI prevents the breakdown of DMT in the stomach, allowing it to reach the brain. But you need to use the right MAOI (like harmaline or harmine) for this to work. It’s a more time-consuming and often physically demanding experience due to nausea, purging, and body load, but some find it deeply meaningful. Without an MAOI, the stomach acid will degrade the DMT before it reaches the bloodstream.
  4. Intramuscular Injection (IM). Injecting DMT intramuscularly can lead to a smooth onset (within 2-5 minutes) and longer effects (about 30-60 minutes). Some users find this method provides a more gradual, controllable experience compared to smoking. While safer than intravenous injection, IM injections still carry risks, such as infection or abscesses if proper sterile techniques aren’t followed. The high intensity can still be overwhelming for some users.
  5. Intravenous Injection (IV). This method would give you the most intense and immediate experience. The onset is nearly instantaneous, and the effects can last 5-30 minutes, depending on the dose. Because DMT directly enters the bloodstream, the trip would be very potent. IV is risky for several reasons: immediate overload, damage to veins, pulmonary risks, psychological overload.
Recommendations:
  • If you're set on exploring injections, IM injection is a far safer alternative to IV, but I’d strongly advise against injecting it without proper knowledge of dosage, sterile techniques, and understanding the risks.
  • To minimize waste and enhance efficiency when smoking, look into techniques such as using a glass vapor genie or a DMT vape pen, which can offer more control over the dosage and reduce degradation from excessive heat.
  • Consider experimenting with Ayahuasca or Pharmahuasca (DMT + MAOI in a controlled setting) if you're looking for a longer and more profound experience.
Ultimately, it’s important to weigh the risks against the benefits of each method. Each route of administration comes with its own trade-offs, but your safety should always be the priority.